By Layla B.
What is the Nafsa project School?
The Nafsa Project School is an online, interactive video based training that teaches (birthkeepers, health and pre/post natal professionals & all women) the ancient and sacred Moroccan medicine of how to support a new mother's healing journey and certify as a The Nafsa Project School(TNPS) Traditional Moroccan Posptartum Birthworker.
The training is based on Indigenous and Traditional Moroccan Postpartum Medicine and Healing, straight from the source, focusing on the 'larbeen' الأربعين (forty days) of the Nafsa (new mother)!
A Nafsa (نفساء) is an Arabic word which means a woman who has recently given birth and the period following it, approximately the first forty days. In the Moroccan dialect she is called a 'Nfisa'. In English, the best word that relates to a Nafsa would be 'Puerperal', coming from the Latin word Puerpera: a woman who has recently given birth to a child.
Whether you are already a postpartum doula, birthkeeper and/or a woman with a desire to delve deep into a mystical and healing world to support new mothers today, just as they were being supported many years ago, this is the place for you where you have the option to receieve our certification.
A traditional postpartum doula is different to a postpartum doula. She not only offers general support and care for the baby/mother; but supports the new mother by welcoming her, honouring her, nourishing her, nurturing her, closing her and celebrating her using ancient rituals and sacred wisdom. This course goes deep into the emotional and physical support for the new mother and explores the ancient healing medicine of Morocco.
You will have the esteemed role of being the traditional qabla (receiever) for the new mother and welcoming her on her new healing journey with love, compassion, nurture, nourishment and care.
This course is based on wise wisdom and sacred traditions from the indigenous people of Morocco and is different to any course, because we also work directly with traditional qablas, always give back to them, we are appropriation-free, and teach real life care from the heart and soul.
It stems from the desire to revive, reclaim and restore traditional Moroccan postpartum healing and provide women with holistic support that they need and deserve as Nafsas (new mothers).
The course is based on the 6 stages of traditional healing: Welcome Her, Honour Her, Nourish Her, Nurture Her, Close Her and Celebrate Her.
The knowledge is very sacred.
It spans generations and centuries, coming from wise women, elders, and traditional qablas (receivers/midwives).
It is deeply rooted in the strong Moroccan culture, orally and physically passed down from woman to woman, sister to sister; for generations.
The Kingdom of Morocco is a diverse, beautiful and mystical land. Luckily, Morocco still has strong cultural traditions, folklore, some traditional Qablas (midwives) and healers. Albeit, with a past of colonialism, fast development and modernisation; traditional qablas and the first forty days postpartum rest period are fast on the decline.
How does the NAFSA PROJECT School Work?
- Take the online course and certify as a TNPS Traditional Moroccan Postpartum Birth-worker and start offering traditional postpartum doula services to new mothers in your community.
(There are a range of different services you can offer, read the FAQ's at the end of the page for information on what a traditional postpartum doula is and more).
The training is based on 6 core modules, which consist of easy-to-follow videos (and audio), supporting documents and workbooks by Layla B. and bonus demonstrations by traditional Moroccan qablas (midwives).
Once you register you will get immediate access to all the materials and modules. You can take the course at your own pace, at the comfort of your home, whenever you like.
The course will also contain extra free live webinars and Q&A sessions to answer your questions and enhance your learning.
All of the training is online, contained in the private member only site. You can view the training videos/materials as much as you like and connect with other like-minded women in our private FB group.
You will have access to the members only page with all the training materials.
Plus, you will have access to the course for life and you can re-visit the modules whenever you want.
THE TRAINING INCLUDES:
- Free Live Support!
- The Welcome Module
- Optional Reading List
- The FB Group Community: for life!
- All 6 modules
- Implementation weeks
- Immediate students membership site access (for life)!
- Access to any updates and future resources added to the course
- Access to materials to teach community workshops in the near future
- All the bonuses
- All the online course materials and supporting content
- Ability to purchase your starter kit at a special price
- Listing on our professional custom-built website directory once you certify
- Discount and first dibs on any masterminds, events and business mentoring
- We provide our logo and professional marketing materials to use for your business once you certify.
- Digital certificate once you certify
Please read the FAQ's at the end of this page to get all the details on how to certify, what's next, when the live course starts and more!
Who Should Join this Course?
Lovely wonderful Layla!! Thank you so much. I cannot explain how much the gathering filled my soul. Your work is so beautiful, important and necessary, you are truly blessed and a blessing. So thank you very much. I am so hopeful for our futures as mothers and birth keepers and changing maybe not the whole world but someone’s world and that for me would be more than enough.
The first thing we will do is welcome you onto the journey and introduce you into The Nafsa Project School. As soon as you sign up, you will get an email with the log in details to access the Welcome module.
This module looks at:
Morocco & Her Medicine
المغرب و دوائها
The beauty of this course is learning from Moroccan women, from the culture and direct from the source. Before diving into the content, we need to understand the history (herstory) of Morocco, its people and traditions.
In this module we look at:
- The story of Morocco
- Colonisation, queens, war, the founding of the city Chefchouen and how it all relates!
- The first 40 days in Morocco
- The 6 stages of traditional Moroccan postpartum healing
- Why we need this NOW!
- The traditional qablas (vidoes of the traditional midwives sharing their stories)
Welcome & Honour Her
كرّمها و رحّب بها
We have a traditional saying in Morocco that the nafsa's (new mother's) grave is open for forty days. That is because she is vulnerable and needs a lot of support to heal; emphasising her importance and her healing as a priority. So many new mother's are left alone with absolutely no support, suffering from postpartum depression, loneliness, isolation and in the worst cases committing suicide. We need to change this and it starts with welcoming her, honouring her, respecting her and knowing her importance in the world.
This module looks at:
Food - a universal language - plays an important role is most cultures and countries. Morocco is defnitely no exception and its cuisine is world-renowned, aromatic, hearty, warming, nourishing and filled with love. With influences from Amazigh, Andalusian Spain, sub-Saharan Africa, Arabia and the Mediterannean; Morocco’s cuisine is a delicious combination of mouthwatering flavours that make it unique.
In Morocco, food is an important part of the culture and life, it brings people together and usually shared by the family on one large plate, using their hands to eat all the goodness.
Spices and herbs are the stars in Moroccan cuisine and using them correctly is an art and an adventure.
In this workshop we will explore:
Nurture (verb): to care for or protect (someone or something).
A traditional Moroccan midwife said that the new mother was treated like a bride. Meaning, that she was taken care of, pampered and protected. It is amazing that when we look at other cultures around the world we see how they also use traditional practices to heal the new mother. They all involve, in some way or the other, warmth, heat, herbs, closing, binding and support. Clearly they must be doing something right, to have countries worlds-apart, offering very similar (yet different) practices, because they know the wisdom of sacred medicine.
The Moroccan hamam (steam bath) is a cultural experience, opportunity to wash, socialise and a form of healing. Just like the bride, the new mother, is taken to the hamam with other women. She is washed, scrubbed, massaged, rubbed and steamed. The hamam is also replicated at home and can be offered 3-4 times in the first week alone, providing a lot of warmth and healing. The hamam is normally followed by closing of the bones, belly binding, hot mint tea, dates and nourishing food, of course!
This module will explore:
شدّيها و ضمّيها
Closing of the bones is a sacred ritual/ceremony/bodywork with the aim to 'close' the new mother after birth to facilitate the body in returning to its pre-pregnancy state, support the muscles and joints, aid the organs and womb to get back into their place and healing the new mother from head to toe.
Moroccan closing is normally offered after the hamam/bath, from head to toe, using a traditional cloth (handmade using wool or cotton) and the mother is wrapped and pulled together. It provides a sense of protection, warmth, closing space and a relaxing sensation to the body. The whole body is hugged and the closing slowly alleviates any pelvic instability, aches, and tiredness in the body. The closing is normally done 3-4 times in the first week alone to make the most of it and provide optimal recovery. It is then followed by a rub/massage on the legs while laying on each side and then the belly binding using the same cloth.
This module examines:
The nafsa (new mother) is celebrated during pregnancy and after the baby is born. She is celebrated through rituals, ceremonies, prayers and the support and care she is given.
Apart from the ceremonial bath, sacred closing and healing steams, the new mother is celebrated with new clothes, henna, kohl, naming ceremony, sisterhood parties, dancing and ululating.
In this module we discover:
I want to say that I just feel so DEEPLY fed and say thank you to Layla B for being willing to give this offering to us today. I often struggle with reconciling modernity’s disconnection from culture and community we have had to suffer for its “progress and advancements”. I know so many friends, family members, clients, and myself who have experienced difficulty during this realm of motherhood from the lack of wisdom that we need to be passed down to us to truly nourish our ourselves. I find myself trying to figure a way to marry science and spirit together again in a way that feels grounded in the diverse reality of the modern world without sacrificing the natural medicine afforded to us by Spirit.
Enter your email below to be the first to hear when we open enrollment.
enrolL now & get these bonuses for free!!!
HOVER OVER THE BOXES BELOW TO SEE THE DETAILS.
Video of Sacred Womb Cupping by Rahma, traditional Moroccan Qabla
Live Business Building Webinar (Value 397 GBP).
‘Bringing it to life’ workshop: A pre-recorded workshop looking at the types of packages and services you can offer women in your community, how to package them and market them (Value 397 GBP)
Lifetime access to the Facebook group and online course (for as long as they exist) (Value 997 GBP).
Storytelling with qablas (videos) (Value: Priceless)
Sisters Circle Discussion (pre-recorded video) with a Moroccan midwide, traditoinal midwives, and other birthworkers from around the world (Value 197 GBP).
Teach the sacred postpartum wisdom school workshop from 2019 (Value 697 GBP).
You get any updates to the course in the future (no extra cost), future recipes and added materials (Value 997 GBP).
My carefully curated resource list and lots of PDF research studies and rare pdf books on the postpartum and Moroccan culture (over 2,000 pages in total) (Value 397 GBP).
Just Do It, Dream Big, Rise Up - Motivational Business Ebook (Value 97 GBP).
All Access Pass to the online Sacred Postpartum Summit 2018. 22 expert speakers, 23 videos. Value 1,997 GBP
It was a real privilege to attend the Sacred Postpartum Wisdom workshop with Layla. As a Postnatal Doula it was fascinating to get a glimpse of how women in Morocco are traditionally cared for during the postnatal period. Simply wonderful to sit in circle with so many inspiring women and realise how much more unites than divides us. I really hope I can learn more from Layla and the women of Morocco one day. Thank you Layla.
Lucy Baena Doula
Therefore, please make sure you want to join the course.
We have provided all the info you need on this sales page and FAQ’s, plus you can contact us if you need any more details.
What you read, is what you will get and so much more!
As things have changed in our time, the need for doula/birth worker is absolutely important.
Traditional postpartum doulas and bithworkers support women emotionally, physically and with sound information to help the new mother in being welcomed, honored, nourished, nurtured, closed and celebrated throughout her first 40 days and beyond.
Therefore, whatever terms you use to describe your role is not important, it is important that this support is available to women the world over.
The sacred information and knowledge we are sharing on The Nafsa Project School is advanced and has never been shared before and will therefore only enhance you previous training, provide traditional healing ways to support new mothers, provide an extra ‘string to your bow’, and a new business opportunity to make more money and serve more women.
The more training, skills and knowledge we have; the more we can serve and support women, as in any industry.
Traditionally, all women used to have this knowledge passed on to them, whether they worked in the industry or not.
So, if you are a woman with an interest, a mother, a postpartum doula, doula, midwife, yoga teacher, herbalist, massage instructor, hypnotherapist, hypnobirthing instructor, childbirth educator, psychologist, massage giver, womb woman, fertility specialist or ANYTHING else… as long as you love women, want to support them holistically, respect the culture, want to connect with an international community and ready to be amazed, then this is the place for you :)
The course is also fully online, so all you need is an internet connection and you can join from anywhere in the whole wide world!
You will also be able to download the materials, so even if your internet connection is not stable or you do not have one all the time, that is fine, if you can download all the materials first.
My tribe is full of women from all over the world so naturally English is not their first language.
As long as you can understand then you will be ok. You could also get the materials translated in your native language if you wish.
All materials will also be available as text and video.
No appropriation was done in the making of this course or any of our work and no appropriation is allowed by anyone else taking this course.
Yes, this course is inclusive to ALL WOMEN whoever and wherever you are.
When you click on the buttons to sign up you have the option to pay in full or pay in 3 or 6 equal consecutive installments.
This course is created by me, Layla B., (and with knowledge of traditoinal midwives in Morocc) and certified by my business (not any formal body). It is based on sacred traditional knowledge and wisdom, therefor we are not seeking any 'formal' certification in any case.
The only reason why this course is 'certified' is because:
1. We want to avoid appropriation. Therefore we know everyone who is on the course and those who wish to serve women will follow the guidelines and be listed on our directory.
2. We want you to get the best support and to serve yourselves and your clients correctly, that is why you will have some case studies and reflections to do before you can start serving.
3. We always want to give back, therefore as you will be working through us, we have a annual 57GBP fee and most of it goes to the Mothers of Morocco fund and to traditional midwives.
4. To keep getting continual support and updates from us.
EARLY BIRD (UNTIL SEPT 12TH 2018)
The price is equivalent to 790 USD (US DOLLARS) or 3 payments of 300 USD over 3 months.
The price is equivalent to 674 EUROS or 3 payments of 256 EUROS over 3 months.
The price is equivalent to 1,065 Australian Dollars or 3 payments of 405 Australian Dollars over 3 months.
The price is equivalent to 1,052 USD (US DOLLARS) or 3 payments of 392 USD over 3 months.
The price is equivalent to 899 EUROS or 3 payments of 335 EUROS over 3 months.
The price is equivalent to 1,422 Australian Dollars or 3 payments of 530 Australian Dollars over 3 months.
However, you will not be able to offer these services to other women unless you certify.
You can add them to your exisiting skills or you can create an additional/new business.
Here are some of the services and packages:
- Postpartum doula services (on an hourly basis, or as a package)
- Traditional Belly binding (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Womb/Vaginal steams (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Nourish Her Services - cooking (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Nurture Her services - ceremonial hamam (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Closing Ceremony - includes the hamam, womb steam, closing of bones and belly binding (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Closing of the Bones (as a one-off service or part of a package)
- Celebrate Her services - the closing ceremony, plus nourishing food, tea ceremony, beautifying, inviting friends and holding space for the new mother.
- Honouring the Placenta - burial (as a one-off service or part of a package)
By the end of 2019 you will also be able to offer our postpartum educational workshop, so soon-to-be-mothers can prepare for their postpartum period and the first forty days while pregnant.
If you have other trainings, such as breastfeeding support and/or newborn baby care and anything else, you could always add that into your work and offer different packages.
You have many options as to how you work, whether on an hourly basis, a weekly/monthly contract, stand-alone services, or anything else.
One of the bonus modules will be looking at the types of packages you can offer and create for your clients.
- Complete the exercises/taks and submit the workbook
- Complete 3 case studies (these will be in the workbooks):
- Case Study 1 on yourself
- Case Study 2 for a postpartum woman (regardless of when or how she gave birth).
- Case Study 3 for a postpartum woman (regardless of when or how she gave birth).
- TASKS: Nourish her (creating one soup, meal and drink from the course)
- TASKS: Nurture her (offer her the hamam/bath)
- TASKS: Close her (belly binding only - closing of bones)
- TASKS: celebrate her throughout (plus a ceremony)
- Provide a written evaluation for each case study from yourself and also a feedback form from each of your clients (form to be provided)
- Some of the tasks will ask you to provide videos and photos of the ritual/service so we can provide feedback.
- Sign the agreement form, which will include the terms and conditions
-Create a local community resource list
- After everything is submitted and revised, we will email you and inform you if you are ready to certify
- If we feel you need more revision and practice, then we will inform you of that so that you can do some more practice.
- If you need more practice with closing of the bones, then you can do 1 other case study and record it so that we can review it. - If we still feel that you need more support then we will need to book a 1-1 (1 hour) online consultation with Layla B. (this will be charged at 97 GBP) to provide extra guidance and learning. - Certification should fall within 18 months from the start of the course
You will get your digital certificate and some marketing materials to use.
You will also be able to order (for money) your starter kit, which will include the products, wraps, cloths featured on the course, if you want it.
Recertification fees will be set at 57 GBP per annum. This will be payable october 15th of each year, your first payment will be october 2019. 30 GBP will go directly to our 'Mothers of Morocco' charity fund and the remainder will be used to cover admin fees. You will also need to fill out an annual revision form and update your directory listing if needed.
You will have access to login to your own directory page and edit it at any time. You will not be charged for any edits. The directory is fully automated and professional.
- This can create a new business opportunity for you or add to an existing one
- Wealth of ancient traditional knowledge
- You will be featured on our directory
- You can identify as a TNPS Traditional Postpartum Birthworker
- You will be able to use our logo and marketing materials
- You will have support from us and other women in the private FB group
- You will have the opportunity for future business support
- You will be advertised by us when suitable
- You will be able to teach pregnant mothers/couples our postpartum educational workshop: TNPS - The 6 stages of traditional postpartum healing (this will be available for you late 2019, you will get pre-prepared materials and video recipes to share with your clients)
But we also love how technology has allowed us to share very easily and across the globe. Layla B. currently lives in Dubai and it is not easy to travel worldwide and reach lots of women and support new mothers across the globe.
The online world lets us do that!
If you want to take part in our live experiences, we currently have our Tribal Sisterhood Retreat coming up in Morocco from June 10-17th 2019.
During the Q&A sessions you will be able to ask any questions you need support with. There is also a free bonus live business building webinar.
There will also be opportunities for further business support after the training is over - you will get discounted and special rates.
Of course we will provide a guideline of what we have been charging in the past, but it is your decision.
However, if you are running a business and want to make money, we will always advise you to charge rates that you are happy with and provide a good income for you too.
For more questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or WhatsApp us at: 00971555550386
(the WhatsApp is only available until September 15th)